Creative Spaces. Creative Programs. New Opportunities.
The Mill is unique in SA, providing arts programming adjacent to its vibrant community of Associate Artists and CBD gallery. It is a multi-artform creative incubator that programs and supports collaborative practice through developing new work and facilitating sustainable career pathways.
Established 2013, The Mill was initially imagined as a junction between visual art, movement, dance and theatre. The Mill has a strong curatorial focus with a particular interest in interdisciplinary projects, site-specific and audience-focused creative direction.
The Mill’s vision is focused on broadening the South Australian lens to look nationally and internationally. It facilitates the creation of new through local connections and partnerships in Sweden, Canada and Indonesia.
The Mill's program includes workshops and masterclasses with visiting artists and opportunities open nationally, increasing creative visitors and new opportunities in South Australia.
The objectives of the Mill
- The Mill’s physical space and program are a creative incubator that presents and supports collaborative practice
- The Mill facilitates the development of new work and networking opportunities which promote career development for associate and associated artists (participants)
- The Mill promotes sustainable career pathways by supporting artists at varying points of their career- from emerging to established.
- The Mill aims to broaden the South Australian lens for artists to look nationally and internationally through partnerships and exchange/presenting opportunities included in programming.
The Mill HQ
- The Mill’s engages in a critical dialogue with a national and international community.
The team consists of a small group of dedicated doers, committed to providing opportunities in their home state. A wonderful board of arts workers and enthusiants.
The Mill was founded in 2013 by Co-Artistic Directors Amber Cronin and Erin Fowler.
Tim Watts is The Mill's General Manager and Katrina Lazaroff is The Mill's Programming Director.