The Mill is curating a program of live music for this year’s Umbrella Winter City Sounds festival (July 13 - 29). We're looking for songwriters, storytellers, balladeers and bards or bands with a cross-disciplinary tilt.
Our new performing arts venue, The Breakout, is an intimate CBD performance space and the perfect setting for SA’s finest songbirds to warble this winter. The Breakout is more a theatre than a bar, providing audiences with an intimate and up-close environment to really ~listen~ to music.
Umbrella Festival registrations close May 11. Please send us your EOI by May 7th (next Monday) so we can confirm your booking
Applications should include:
- Your gig idea. We’re looking for storytellers, multi-disciplinary artists, and those doing something a little bit different with their performances (as well as great musicians).
- A demo of you music, or a link to where we can listen online.
- Your proposed dates and times.
- The names of all artists / groups appearing at your event.
- The hire fee is $400 per event (up-to 3 artists / sets), Tuesday-Sunday. Get together with some friends and share the cost!
- The hire fee includes a sound technician, 16ch PA (please provide your own microphones, guitar amps, etc), lighting, staging, bar & front of house staff (for a maximum call of 3hrs).
- Earliest showtime is 5:30pm, and bump out is to be completed by 11:00pm.
- Artists are free to set their own ticket prices and take full box office profits.
- The Breakout has a capacity of 50 - 80 pax.
- The Mill will be selling warm, mulled cider and tasty treats at all Umbrella shows.
- The Mill will list all gigs on themilladeliade.com, our social media accounts and circulate an EDM about the line up.